Angular 4 vs Angular 2 Performance
Angular is gradually becoming the widely used medium for app developers for developing and building apps. It has taken the development world because of its great ability to reusing the codes and thus developing apps for any deployment target such as mobile web, native mobile apps, web, etc.
After a gap of one year, Google finally launched the newer version of Angular, Angular 4, five months ago. Some are finding it really easy, but many are commenting the changes made in Angular via Angular 4 are not path breaking at all.
For those developers who are still in the learning phase of earlier versions of Angular and finding it difficult to switch from earlier one to newer version will find this article helpful.
Before highlighting the performances of both, first, we will throw light over their features.
Angular 2 Features List
- Angular 2 is five times faster than Angular 1
- By default, it support for one-way data binding
- In optional, it support for two-way data binding
- It widely support for TypeScript and ES6
- It contains component-based architecture
- Less coding requires that is more application focus
- Angular 2 is based on Mobile First approach
- It is oriented on the apps with a big amount of interactive client side code
- Best for dynamic apps with a single page
- It offers fast development process
- Offers advanced testing features
- In most of the cases, demands less coding
- Perfect for server side rendering
- The framework approach that offers everything a developer needs to build apps
- Being ES2015, it already takes advantage of many latest language features
- Easy to test
- Improved data binding
- Components based
Angular 4 Features List
- Smaller and faster
- It is possible to view engine and how AOT generated code looks like
- Improved nglf and ngFor
- Running Angular on a server
- Source maps for templates
- TypeScript 2.1 and 2.2 compatibility
- Flat ESM/FESM modules for tree shaking and reducing size of generated bundles
- Experimental Closure compatibility to take advantage of advanced Closure optimizations, getting smaller bundle sizes and better tree shaking
- Backward compatible as PATCH increased when some troubleshooting is done even without changing the API
- It is possible to request for the route and querypatemeter assigned to a route because of Router ParamMap
- Dynamic components with NgComponentOutlet to build dynamic components in a declarative way
- Forms get assigned “novalidate” automatically
- Availability of source maps for templates
Angular 4 vs. Angular 2: Performance Comparison
Rather than Module-ID, SystemJS plugin is the part of Angular 4 that support for writing Module-ID. It also converts “component-relative” paths in template URL and style URLs to “absolute paths” for you.
Smaller and Faster Apps
Angular 4 is faster than Angular 2. The apps developed in Angular 4 are five times faster and smaller as compared to Angular 2.
Unlike Angular 2, the animations have been pulled out of @angular/core and into their package in the Angular 4.
Integration of Angular Universal
The integration of Angular Universal permits developers to run Angular on a server. It has also been updated with latest Angular 4 as well.
TypeScript 2.1 and 2.2 Compatibility
TypeScript is already assisting the app developers to develop large scaled apps. The inclusion of latest versions of TypeScript aims to improve the speed of ngc as compared to Angular 2. Angular 4 offers better type checking throughout the application as compared to Angular 2.
Source Maps for Templates
Angular 4 is capable of generating source maps in case error caused by something in one of the templates. The generated source maps also give a meaningful context regarding the original template. That makes Angular 4 superior to Angular 2.
View Engine has Less Code
Angular 4 gets a significant improvement in the shape of the engine system that is capable of reducing the size of generated code up to much extent.
Using else Statement with nglf
In Angular 2, it was not possible to use else statement with nglf but now it has been made possible in Angular 4.
as a keyword is the new addition to the template syntax to simplify the “let” syntax
Angular 4 brings a new “littlecase” pipe “|” and use to changes the first letter of each word in uppercase.
Adding to search parameters to HTTP request has been simplified in Angular 4 as compared to Angular 2.
We hope we have covered most of the features of both Angular 2 and Angular 4 and included the major changes made in Angular 4. No doubt the apps developed using Angular 4 are more secure, flexible and scalable as compared to Angular 2.