2020: CitrusBits’ Year in Review
For many, 2020 will be remembered for the worst global pandemic in more than 100 years, with more than 66 million COVID-19 cases and 1.5 million dead worldwide. With effective vaccines now on the way and a glimmer of light appearing at the end of the tunnel, it’s very tempting to simply tear 2020’s page off the calendar, throw it into a bottomless abyss, and focus on brighter days ahead.
Yet, I would be remiss to turn the page without reflecting on the dedication and resolve our entire team, clients, and partners have shown this year. Thank you to everyone that has been a part of our story this year.
- We continued delivering at the highest level for our clients, earning 5-star reviews from 100% of clients who reviewed us in 2020.
- We launched CitrusBits Cultivator, a social impact grant program for mobile apps. We received applications from more than 70 different businesses and individuals and offered grants (in the form of development credit) to three finalists. We are now helping grant recipient Alaska Commercial create an eCommerce app that will enable the company’s customers in rural Alaska to get fresh supplies delivered to them – especially crucial during the pandemic – even with spotty Internet access.
- We completed a fantastic augmented reality (AR) product for DuPont, a Fortune 500 global chemical company, allowing DuPont’s end users to virtually experience cutting-edge technical applications and prototypes on display at DuPont’s Silicon Valley Innovation Center. (Read case study)
- We created a delightful mobile ordering app for one of our favorite restaurant chains, Urban Plates. (Read case study)
- We helped Zoetis, the global leader in animal health, build an augmented reality (AR) product that allows their clients to virtually demo their sophisticated lab testing equipment. (Read case study)
- We created a small business lending app for Wide Merchant Group, allowing borrowers to stay on top of their loan balances, payment histories, and more.
- We are helping one of the world’s top energy drink brands create an exciting new social media app.
- The excellent work we’ve done for our clients has enabled us to grow our business despite the challenging environment. As a result, we’ve invested in employee benefits and continued expanding our roster of top performers, both in the US and overseas. With the additional expertise we’ve added, CitrusBits has never been stronger.
While 2020 brought substantial challenges for many businesses in our industry, I am humbled and grateful to say that CitrusBits not only circumvented the danger but also positioned ourselves to serve our clients even better in 2021. We could not have done this without the steadfast dedication and support of our employees, clients, and partners – so, on behalf of our entire team, thank you!
I wish you a safe and enjoyable holiday, and I look forward to seeing you again in 2021.